Parent and Student Handbook
General Uniform Guidelines
Except for special occasions calling for the dressy uniform ensemble specified for each grade, your child’s “everyday” uniform may consist of any combination of top, bottom, socks, shoes, and accessories listed below for their grade level. The following standards, however, do apply to all students every day:
- Shirttails are always worn tucked in except on the playground.
- Pants and shorts are always worn with a dark brown belt.
- All tops (shirts, sweaters, sweatshirts) will bear the Heritage School logo. Do not “personalize” uniform items with monograms.
- All uniform components (except for white socks, shoes, belts, and outerwear coats) should be genuine Dennis Uniform merchandise. (No Dockers, Land’s End, etc)
- Leggings are not part of the authorized uniform. Tights may be permitted (see grade level requirements).
- Outerwear coats and non-uniform jackets/sweatshirts—even Heritage sweatshirts/hoodies [other than the uniform hoodie] will not be worn inside the building.
- PE shorts and shirts are required for grades 7 through 10 only.
- The dress uniform should be worn every Friday for Chapel. The upper school tie must be worn tightened at the top—not loosely.
It is recommended that newcomers to Heritage School visit the Dennis Uniform store in San Antonio to try on the uniform separates and determine appropriate sizes; thereafter, perhaps, you might order online as your student grows. We also recommend making minimal initial orders as, for example, girls’ pants may not be the “in” thing to wear this year. Finally, regarding appropriate shoe selection: You may want to check with an administrator prior to your child’s wearing new shoes, to be sure that they are suitable for the Heritage School uniform.
The Dennis sales assistants have the Heritage School dress code on file and are very knowledgeable and helpful. Heritage School Code: V2W
431 Isom Rd, #101
San Antonio, TX 78216
800-854-6951 (Natl Customer Service)